Dedicated to Autism
Taking our name from the rich Viking Age history of our location, Viking Care began in 2016 as a small family-run business in Thanet. We provide bespoke care services to those in need in Thanet and Kent. Founded by Dr. Patricia Ryan-Allen and Lian Palmer, combining experience in social care, business management, education, and clinical nursing.
Our property, Ashmount, is a large, detached home with plenty of character and rooms, a flourishing garden, and is only a short walk away from a variety of shops, cafés, parks, and the iconic Margate beach!
Learn more about our services here.
News & Blog
One of our young people has come on leaps and bounds with his speech since being at Viking we have worked hard with and it's so lovely to hear. #vikingcare #autismawareness #epilepsyawareness #learningdisability #chargesyndrome #Ashmont #deafawareness #adhdawareness #deafcommunity #margate
Continue reading our blog here.
Meet the Team
We aim to foster a warm and friendly environment, with a focus on staff wellbeing and development to tap into and realise the full potential of each team member.
Informed by emerging evidence-based care practices and psychology, and individually refined by direct supervision, support, and feedback, we are able to guide staff towards their goals in the organisation via free counselling services, and fantastic training packages in-house and offsite where necessary with financial support.
Our ethos is that staff wellbeing and happiness is paramount as this directly leads to the wellbeing and happiness of our clients.
Dr. Patricia Ryan-Allen
Training and Development Manager/Registered Manager
Mental Health Nurse
40 years of experience in clinical practice, 20 years in mental health and challenging behaviour, and 17 years in higher education training health care professionals before starting Viking Care in 2016.
• PhD – Physical Health and Wellbeing of People with Long Term Health Conditions, looking into what makes professional carers improve their practice.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Education
• Senior Teaching Fellow
• CQC Special Interest Group – Closed Culture Engagement
Operations Director / PBS and Physical Intervention Trainer / Safeguarding Lead
• NVQ Level 5 Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
• Training Instructor PBS (Positive Behavioural Support)
• Diploma Massage Therapy including Sensory Massage for Learning Disabilities and Autism
• Level 3 Clinical Observation Skills
• Working towards Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training